TeamEK is working with Myogenes who have made great scientific advancement making it now possible for you to create a personalised diet, nutrition and lifestyle plan based on your individual genetic makeup, by taking a simple DNA test.
Personal healthcare is not ‘one-size-fits-all’ model. As each one of us possesses a specific genetic makeup and therefore each one of us has specific nutritional needs.
The test we have available is nothing more than a simple saliva test, you can do it yourself at home or at the RCM Wellness Centre in Ossett.
Through the detailed analysis based on your individual DNA, you will:
- Discover the most important micro- and macro-nutrients you need
- Learn about your metabolism of alcohol, coffee and lactose and your responses to physical activity, including a greater understanding of your muscles and which sports will benefit you
- Find out whether you have a propensity for high cholesterol, high blood sugar, weak bones and obesity
- Discover whether you are prone to oxidative stress – which implies about your speed of aging.
Your test results are presented in a detailed digital guidebook containing 39 analyses. These are divided into eight chapters covering key thematic elements of diet and lifestyle.
In total the test analyses over 110 genetic variations.
The 80+ page digital guidebook covers every key area of your diet and lifestyle including:
- An evaluation of your responses to basic nutrients (carbohydrates and saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- A review of your genetic disposition to health factors such as obesity, inadequate cholesterol, triglyceride, blood sugar levels and bone density
- A calculation of the genetic risk for lacking the most important vitamins and minerals
- An assessment of features such as metabolic characteristics, exposure to oxidative stress, perception of taste and smell and other factors that influence diet and lifestyle
- The establishment of dietary guidelines and lifestyle guidance
- Allowing you to choose from a list of foods that allow you to meet your body’s daily needs of its most important macro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
A unique algorithm is used to calculate diet and daily calorific intake and you’ll find detailed nutritional tables so you can plan meals as well as a detailed genetic analysis of more than 100 genetic variations.
From the point that our DNA test is received by the lab the results are made available in between 2 to 3 weeks for you to then move forward with your healthcare goals, enriched by unique knowledge about your genetic make up.
Please note, our returns and refunds policy is contained in a link at the checkout, please be sure to read this before buying.